University of Maine School of Law Public Relations Campaign
The University of Maine School of Law in Portland sought to introduce new Maine Law Dean Danielle Conway to the general public and undergraduate college students.
- Generate earned media coverage in mainstream statewide, regional and national print and broadcast media, and in legal media outlets.
- Create opportunities for Dean Conway to visit college campuses to meet undergraduate students interested in attending law school.
- Rinck met with Dean Conway to learn about her vision for Maine Law and new initiatives she planned to launch. Information from the meeting was essential for media pitches to convey that Dean Conway was hitting the ground running, instead of simply being the new leader of Maine Law.
- A media list of business, education and legal contacts was developed, and each contact received a unique story pitch tailored to their beat or publication. Follow-up calls or e-mails were made to media to share additional information and arrange interviews.
- Editorial board meetings were requested at Maine daily newspapers. Rinck prepared interview message points for Dean Conway, and prepared discussion topics for media.
- College and university presidents and pre-law advisors were contacted to set up meetings/student visits with Dean Conway.
- Rinck generated media coverage in Mainebiz, Sun Journal, “207” on WCSH-6 TV, Bangor Daily News, Tide Smart Talk on WLOB, the George Hale & Ric Tyler Show on WVOM, “Your Magazine” on Maine Time Warner Cable and The National Law Journal online.
- Broadcast and print impressions totaled more than 2 million and online impressions were 17,000 for a 126% return on investment for Maine Law. Additionally, social media amplification helped media coverage reach another 37,000 people.
- Rinck arranged meetings for Dean Conway at Husson University and Colby College, and scheduled an editorial board meeting with the Bangor Daily News.