- Create a vehicle for Ronald McDonald House Charities of Maine (RMHC of Maine) for use at fundraising and community events, trade shows, conferences and at Maine’s two Ronald McDonald Houses.
- Build public awareness about Ronald McDonald House Charities of Maine and the two Maine Ronald McDonald Houses.
- Help fill an un-met financial need in the Charities’ grant funding budget.
- Rinck produced a 7-minute interview-style documentary recapping the emotional and personal journey of Patricia Beckwith, Executive Director of the Ronald McDonald House of Bangor.
- The title Making Change reflects how Pat supported and inspired hundreds of families at the Bangor Ronald McDonald House over the course of 20 years. Making Change also refers to the RMHC collection canisters at McDonald’s. The message is that change can make a difference.
- McDonald’s Owner/Operator and President of the RMHC Board of Trustees Gary Eckmann is also featured. Gary was a founder of RMHC of Maine and the Maine McDonald’s High School Senior All-Star Basketball Games, a major annual fundraiser for the Charities.
- Making Change personalizes the depth and breadth of Patricia Beckwith’s journey and her commitment to helping families who stay at the Ronald McDonald House in their time of need.
- The documentary was distributed to all of the McDonald’s Owner/Operators and RMHC Board Members throughout Maine for use at speaking engagements, community events, fundraising opportunities and in McDonald’s restaurants. The film premiered at the Maine McDonald’s All-Star Basketball Awards Banquet with an attendance of nearly 600.
- Making Change received a Broderson Award from the Ad Club of Maine in 2011 as well as a Golden Arrow Award from the Maine Public Relations Council in 2010.