Maine McDonald's UpTeam
- Create street teams that deliver Brand Touch® messages and opportunities, and create positive brand impressions for McDonald’s throughout Maine and New Hampshire.
- Build awareness out-of-restaurant for McDonald’s beverage line-up, including McCafé®, Newman’s Own® Organics Coffee, and quality breakfast offerings surrounding National Coffee Day.
- Drive trial and sales of McDonald’s McCafé espresso-based coffees as well as core menu items.
- Demonstrate the quality of McDonald’s menu items made from 100% ‘real’ ingredients using highest industry standards.
Rinck created an experiential sampling program by assembling a Mcdonald’s UpTeam Street Team. These team members used Rinck’s proprietary BrandTouch® methods to create one-on-one consumer conversations, buzz, and excitement about McDonald’s products at Maine’s best-known events and business ‘ambushes.’
The McDonald’s UpTeam Street Team creates an optimistic, high-energy promotional spectacle consisting of jumping stilt performers wearing branded attire, and driving alternative energy Ecocabs. Signature appearances have included Maine college graduations, handing out over 2,000 coupons and delivering the message to “Graduate UP to McCafé.” The UpTeam’s graduation attire included messages such as Phi Beta Cappuccino, Magna Cum Latte, Mocha Laureate, and Graduaté.
Rinck also organized a 24-hour sampling tour across Maine and New Hampshire in the branded McDonald’s van, making product stops to morning radio hosts to promote menu items and quality messaging on-air.
- The UpTeam created a spectacle at more than 95 events, festivals, and parades across Maine, distributed 192,980 coupons, and earned over 1.6 million impressions.
- The team made over 200 radio visits, earning 4 hours and 56 minutes of radio time.
- Maine McDonald’s restaurants are currently enjoying the highest sales of McCafé espresso-based coffee in the New England region.