BlogHer Event Promotion
- Increase brand awareness of Gorton’s among bloggers & influencers
- Create awareness and drive trial of the newly-launched Skillet Crisp product
- Break through the noise of the 100 competing brands in attendance while making use of a scrappy budget
Rinck created a low-budget teaser video that parodied the viral video, “Put a Bird On It” from the television show Portlandia. The video was shared at the booth, and via email to bloggers attending BlogHer prior to the conference, which encouraged social mentions and visits to the booth. The “Put a Wheel On It” theme was carried through in booth elements, social media branding and with a hashtag used to track mentions.
Rinck also implemented its proprietary Brand Touch® event protocol, building relationships and creating memorable experiences for bloggers. The team offered samples of the new Skillet Crisp product while distributing coupons and incentivized bloggers to post about Gorton’s on their blogs and social media platforms.
- By the end of the conference, Gorton’s received 600+ visits to its blogger site and saw over 200 new blogger sign-ups.
- Gorton’s received over 300 online mentions which represented 15% of the conference attendees, and garnered 2,000 event impressions.
- 800+ samples were served over a four-hour period and 1,425+ coupons were distributed to facilitate future product purchases.