Experience More Campaign
Launch service of the Freeport and Brunswick Maine stations.
- Create awareness of the new stops for both northbound and southbound traffic.
- Fill the train!
- Continue to educate consumers on the benefits of riding the train.
Rinck created the “Experience More” integrated marketing campaign composed of traditional and digital media, out-of-home advertising and radio promotions to help showcase the experience of our riders both on and off the train. Every piece of advertising pushed the consumer to learn more about the new stations on either amtrakdowneaster.com or traintomaine.com.
- A North Station Domination, including 18 backlit posters, commuter rail posters and stations kings was implemented in the Boston transit system. Digital outreach through Boston.com was complemented by ads on Boston area radio stations, who also ran on-air promotional giveaways.
- The campaign launched in Maine with new television spots in the greater Portland market as well as a local Maine radio partnership with the WJBQ. This partnership included 10-sec, top-of-hour spots to keep the “Experience More” message in the forefront of the consumers’ minds and on-air promotions.
- Finally the “REEL Experience Video Challenge,” was developed to engage riders and acquire consumer-generated content. Consumers created short videos highlighting their experience both on the train and in station communities for a chance to win prizes. The challenge was promoted through all owned-media including in stations, online and thru email newsletter as well as direct outreach to colleges along the line.
- Within the first year of service, the train has exceeded expectations over 50% by bringing approximately 50,000 riders to Freeport and Brunswick.
- Ridership has increased over 11% since the beginning of Rinck’s partnership with the Downeaster in 2011.